PRIDE CVD-CGE Mentor Information
PRIDE Summer Institute in Cardiovascular Disease Comorbidities, Genetics & Epidemiology (CVD-CGE)
Mentoring is the single most important factor that contributes to academic success. Those with mentors are more likely to make timely progress toward their goals and careers. This collaboration allows mentees to meet the various challenges of their careers. Mentors are matched to Mentees based on backgrounds and research interests. Each Mentee will have at least two Mentors.
Responsibilities of Mentors
The mentor’s responsibilities include:
- Provide support, direction, insight and assistance with writing grant proposals, beginning with SRPs, including study design, methods, analysis, and dissemination of results, including grantsmanship issues.
- Attend and provide feedback at grant development sessions for Mentees (primarily at lunch time).
- Provide opportunities for collaboration, networking, and advancement through recommendations for committee membership and authoring scholarly review articles and book chapters.
- Meet with the Mentee and provide formal feedback on a continuous basis as the Mentee develops research plans for SRP and grant proposals.
- Work with the Mentor Team and provide sustained mentoring to the Mentee.
- Be committed to providing 3 Years of active mentorship, with follow up mentoring as needed to help the Mentee develop an independent research program.
- Spend 2-3 days with the Mentee at a mid-year meeting to review and assist with revisions of written research plans.
- Attend 2-3 day Mentor Networking and Training meeting to be held in the Washington, DC area with all sites and NHLBI.
Leadership Committee* and Mentors at
|Mario Castro, MD, MPH*||Pulmonary|
|F. Sessions Cole, III, MD||Pediatrics|
|Victor Davila-Roman, MD, FACC, FASE*||Cardiology|
|Lisa de las Fuentes, MD, MD*||Cardiology|
|Charles Gu, PhD||Biostatistics|
|Andrew Heath, DPhil||Psychiatry|
|Ronald Krone, MD, FACC, FSCAI||Cardiology|
|Pamela Madden, PhD||Psychiatry|
|Douglas Mann, MD||Cardiology|
|Aubrey Morrison, MD, FACP, FRCP(C), FRCP(I)||Nephrology|
|Michael Province, PhD*||Genetics|
|Susan Racette, PhD*||Physical Therapy|
|D.C. Rao, PhD*||Biostatistics|
|John Rice, PhD||Psychiatry|
|Katherine Stamatakis, PhD, MPH*||Epidemiology, SLU|
|Ting Wang, PhD||Genetics|